Liposuction is a technique that removes excess fat from between the muscle and the skin. It consists of breaking a section of the fat cells and sucking them out with various suction methods. Liposuction is a surgical technique that removes fat from particular parts of the body using suction, such as the belly, hips, arms, thigh or neck. Liposuction contours (shapes) the previously stated physical components.
Many individuals thinking about getting liposuction may have a common question in their minds: will it be suitable for them? This is a very generic thing to consider before undergoing a surgical procedure. Thus, to answer those curious minds, we have created this post. This article, formed with the insights gathered from expert surgeons like Dr. Medha Bhave, a leading plastic surgeon of lasercosmesis, will address “Who are the ideal candidates for liposuction?” What would be better than learning from the knowledge shared by a surgeon who is renowned for providing effective liposuction surgery in Mumbai? However, it is important to note that it is not commonly considered a weight-loss treatment or a substitute for dieting.
If you are overweight, diet and exercise, as well as bariatric procedures such as gastric bypass surgery, are more likely to help you lose weight than liposuction. If you have extra body fat in certain regions but are generally healthy, you may be a candidate for liposuction. Let’s learn in more detail.
Who Is a Good Candidate For Liposuction?
Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity, and it will not eliminate cellulite or stretch marks. The procedure permanently eliminates fat tissue and can change the form of the body. However, keep in mind that, as successful as liposuction might be, the benefits may only last a short time if you gain weight following the treatment.
- Liposuction is best suited for applicants who are not overweight but have problem areas and wish to appear a little different.
- Cheeks, arms, thighs, stomach, buttocks, arms, and other areas may contain fat deposits.
- Liposuction also aids in the resolution of difficulties associated with age, such as the changes around the face and neck.
Note: The technique is not a replacement for managed weight loss, but it may be a useful motivation for those who want to live a healthy lifestyle. Patients gain confidence and vitality after seeing their fat deposits go. It may help erase years-long complexes that have been holding someone back.
When to Consider Liposuction Surgery?
When lifestyle changes have failed to deliver the desired results, liposuction is frequently suggested. It can be used to treat stubborn fat deposits that defy diet and exercise. As a person gains weight, each fat cell expands in size and volume. Liposuction reduces the number of fat cells in discrete areas. Liposuction is frequently appropriate for adults who are within 30% of their ideal weight, have firm, elastic skin, and acceptable muscle tone. Individuals in good health with no life-threatening diseases or medical conditions that might impede recuperation.
Who Should NOT Have Liposuction Surgery?
Many individuals should consider getting liposuction, while some should avoid it. Consult your doctor to determine whether liposuction is right for you. Discuss your concerns with them. Some individuals who should refrain from getting it are:
- People who smoke, have a weaker immune system, are overweight,
- Individuals with drooping skin, have a history of diabetes, heart disease, DVT, or seizures, and take blood thinners or other medicines that might increase the risk of bleeding should avoid liposuction.
- Those who smoke and use alcohol a lot.
However, people who have fat deposits that won’t go away with diet or exercise, don’t have a lot of surplus skin, have good skin elasticity, have great muscle tone, are in good physical condition and have strong overall health, aren’t obese or overweight, and don’t smoke are good candidates for liposuction.
Precaution Before And After Surgery
While planning for Liposuction Surgery, be sure you have a comprehensive medical checkup to ensure that you are in good enough health to be operated on. As a result, you will be subjected to a physical examination, blood tests, an X-ray of your chest, and an ECG.
- After the procedure, an elastic compression garment tailored to your measurements will be given to you to wear.
- You will be at the hospital for one or two days.
- There will be some swelling and bruising in the sites after surgery. It will eventually fade away after two weeks.
- There will be some tightness and pain for the first several days, but it will be greatly lessened after that. This pain will be controlled by appropriate medications.
- After 2 to 4 days of relaxation, most individuals return to work.
- The elastic garment should be worn beneath your ordinary clothes for a few months to minimize swelling and obtain the final form, making use of your skin’s elastic capabilities.
Why are Diet and Exercise not effective in some Weight Loss?
Of course, a healthy diet and regular exercise are essential, and an expert surgeon will advise you on how to do so. These two lifestyle adjustments are sometimes not possible to provide effective results. It is when liposuction comes to play. As many people require more.
- One of the reasons many individuals become disappointed while attempting to lose weight is because there is a limit to how much weight can be lost by any particular strategy. Diets, exercise, and medicines are all ineffective.
- Furthermore, they might suffer from generalized mass loss, which includes muscular mass loss, which makes a person weak.
- The fat may be removed off the face, making the individual appear haggard and elderly, while undesired persistent fat on the abdomen, arms, and thighs remains, preventing the ideal form from materializing!
Just liposuction can remove just the undesired fat from the abdomen, thighs, and other areas while leaving the necessary fat on the face to keep the full cheeks of youth. Liposuction surgery can be used to eliminate unsightly love handles, bulges, and folds. Liposuction with a large volume can remove several liters of fat at once. With the elimination of uncomfortable fat folds, you will be better positioned to exercise and much more encouraged and inspired to maintain the appropriate diet after liposuction to maintain the results.
If you want to experience comprehensive cosmetic care under one roof to achieve natural results, you are at the right place! You can consult Dr. Medha Bhave, the Best Plastic Surgeon in Mumbai at Laser Cosmesis Clinic. The experts at the clinic will give shape to your confidence by blending modern science, the art of experienced fingers, and refinement with advanced technology. Connect with Lasercosmesis to experience personalized care & avail the best results.